Monday, February 15, 2010

This month was a good month for action and creativity as me, my father and two friends of ours organised a mountain biking trip in Nuwara eliya. The trip involved a lot of preparation including servicing the bikes, finding a suitable method to transport them, planning route and packing suitable gear and tools in case of emergencies and preparing snacks. My goal was to learn from this trip so that one day I myself could organise an activity like this on my own. The trip itself was exhilerating, fun and tiring. It started with a 6km uphill stretch which turned into a steep downhill, rocky dirt track. I learned a lot in terms of technical skills when ridng over jagged rocks, muddy areas and jumps which I had trouble with. Some areas were so dense with vegetation that we had to carry our bikes through. We also developed in terms of practical skills in situations when parts of the bikes failed or broke and we had to fix them together using the set of tools we had. In the end we cycled a distance of 25km. It was a great adventure and in the end I achieved my goal in learning how to organinse a proper mountain biking trip.

No comments: