Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Febuary Ctd...
The cricket elective has been progressing well. As elective leaders me and Ruwinda devised drills to develop cricketing skills such as catching, proper bowling technique, and defensive batting. It was a good opportunity to develop my own skills as well. We are hoping to organise a few mathces as well.

Me and and some of my ex class mates from the British School in Colombo have created a rugby club outside school. We have been playing every week at Victoria Park and once in a way have been challenging locals to games. It has been a good experience to interact with local underpriviledged people of my age and I was surprised by how good many of them were. On many occasions we had been soundly defeated by certain groups. It was a good example of how much raw talent is available in Sri Lanka.

No comments: